Monday, February 12, 2007

The 70's!

"I was born in the 70's
My mother used to make me wear plaid
I had a stupid haircut
Did it ever make me mad!
GO DISCO!!!"

- "I was born in the 70's" - Headcramp

I was reading a friend's blog and he was mentioning his top 5 songs of the 70's so it made me think, shit, what are my top 5 songs of the 70's? I decided that it was very hard to pick 5 favorite songs, but easier to choose 5 favorite bands. Even still I just have so many favorite songs from the 70's and I don't want to leave any of them out.

But I have come up with a list of 6 fave songs from the 70's!
I think it's pretty accurate!

Dream a little dream - The Mama's and the Papa's
Don't stop me now - Queen
My sweet lord - George Harrison
The man who sold the world - David Bowie
Second hand news - Fleetwood Mac
How many more times - Led Zeppelin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? A person born in the 70's probaly sang "Sesame Street", Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes, A,B,C,D... Happy Birthday to "..." and songs of that kind. I sang "Dream a Little Dream" with a Barbershop Group and love that song. I guess you could have songs from that era as favorites. I have many songs of the 40's that are special to me. MUD

Erin-Dot-D said...

I am a huge classic rock fan, just cause I only lived 7 days in the 70's doesn't mean I can't love the music. :)

Jamieson Wolf said...

Erin honey,

I love your song choices! I had to limit myself to a small list cus I could have gone on forever! LOL Ah, the 70's...sigh. Those were the days.

ROCK ON!

Cheers and Hugs,
Jamieson