Wednesday, November 15, 2006

June Archives

Friday, June 30, 2006

Good ol' Kathleen Edwards
Kathleen Edwards has to be my favorite singer besides Bjork and Portishead.The main reason for this is her brutally honest, wicked lyrics. She's also from Ottawa, Ontario, which is pretty cool. Here are the lyrics to a few of my favorite songs that she sings.MERCURYWanna go get high?Mercury is parked outsideWanna take me toThe parking lot of the old high schoolAnd it's like you saidI would've turned up deadin the car12 BELLEVUEI'm not gonna lieNot gonna make up my mind tonightI'm not gonna pretendI cleared out of town so I could clear my headI'm not gonna smileall the shit that's happened is gonna take a whileI don't want to be your friendJust take off your clothes and get into my bedAnd the press is after youJumping over fences just to see who's coolAnd now I stand accusedI put a hole in your heartThen I fed it to youI'm not gonna thinkabout all the shit you want me to thinkI'm not gonna saywho I spent my time with yesterdayI'm not gonna chooseIn the end either way I still loseI'm not gonnaI was thinking about drinking my way through the dayCOPIED KEYSThis is not my town and it will never beThis is our apartment filled with your thingsThis is your life, I get copied keysTry and force a little smilehold it a little while for youThese are your old streets and you know them wellOne way shortcuts all the way downtownBut your favorite find is just my secondhand secretTry and hide a little pain for the thingsI can't explain to youThese are your good friends and I like them fineCuz they are your past and your present timeBut would you even be the same if you left them behindAll the things I used to beAll the things I miss of me for youThese are your good friends and I like them fineThese are your old streets and you know them wellThis is not my town and it will never beAnd it will never be..... ours.
posted by at 10:31 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Meet the Sik Sik.

I saw a sik sik out in the tundra, i didn't get a picture cause they are way too fast,
but I found one online. They are everywhere apparently.
posted by at 5:19 PM 0 comments

View of the Tundra
These are more pictures of my trip to Rankin Inlet, Nunavut on June 22nd, 2006
Some leftover ice, really huge pieces.

This is the welcome to Rankin Inlet sign, featuring an NHL player, Jordin Tootoo from Rankin Inlet.
A view of some lakes and the tundra near the cabin I went to about 15 miles outside of Rankin Inlet

A dog I played frisbee with, this dog can reaaally play frisbee! He loves it! He's so fast, he wore me out!
There was a tundra fire and Erica and I got our picture taken in front of it. Erica is from BC but works at the hotel I stayed at.

Another view of the tundra fire.

The cause of the tundra fire, some hotdogs, and they aren't even cooked!!!
posted by at 3:47 PM 0 comments
Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back from the Tundra
Well I returned from Rankin Inlet, Nunavut today, and my blight to Toronto from Winnipeg got delayed, 3 times, so I called my freind Shannon in Winnipeg and so I am spending the night with her! I changed my flight for tomorrow. My luggage NEVER arrived in Rankin....ever. When I got back to winnipeg it was in the luggage room. How nice. I was pissed. I had to go out and buy some stuff. At the "Northern store" Excellent. i had a great time in Rankin, I had a chance to go to a bbq with a couple of people I met that work at the hotel I stayed at, we drove out about 15 miles into the tundra, to a cabin and had a bbq, then went fishing!!! I got to fish in the Tundra. Well I am babysitting my friend's baby right now and i think he's going to cry so i will finish this later.
posted by at 10:03 PM 0 comments
Wednesday, June 21, 2006

SICK OR CUTE??
Cast yer votes ladies and Gents, on this week's edition of SICK or CUTE!
Apparently these little spiky guys are baby porcupines. My vote is definitly CUTE!!!
posted by at 4:05 PM 2 comments
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The loss of a friendship.
In march, I lost a really good friendship. A lot of things were said and done and I'm not sure if it will ever be the same. We haven't spoken in almost 4 months. She said a lot of horrible things about me, to me, which I don't think I deserved at all, I replied to her telling her that she really hurt me and that I thought she went too far. We never spoke since that email. I mean don't get me wrong I am not shifting all the guilt on her, I did my fair share to cause the break-up. I swore I would never speak to her again because she hurt me so bad. I have never experienced such pain, I always thought I was a good friend. I would do anything for my friends and often go out of my way for them. I have a lot of really close friends that have been in my life for 10 or so years and they have never once said anything bad to me. A few weeks ago, I got ahold of a group camping picture taken last summer, so I decided to send it to all the girls at the camping trip, even the girl who hurt me, because it was a really great picture and she was in included. 3 weeks later I get a reply thanking me for sending her the picture, wishing me a good summer and safe trip to Nunavut. I had a hard time replying, but decided to go ahead anyways. Letting her know that I wished our friendship turned out differently. I don't know if she will reply. I don't expect her to, because I know what she thinks of me, and it's not positive, if I thought of someone the way she thinks of me, I wouldn't retain the friendship either, nor would I want to remain friends with someone who thought so badly of me.
posted by at 12:30 PM 0 comments

CAMP IT UP!!!
Alright everyone here are the much anticipated pictures of our trailer on our campsite in Tweed! If you are wondering what the green tentish type thing is, it's my greenhouse, YES I am going to attempt to grow stuff.

This is my greenhouse, and Sean's car parked on our site.
posted by at 8:10 AM 0 comments

Some more pictures!
Here are some more pictures of the site, the river shots are the views standing from our site! It's so beautiful!
posted by at 8:01 AM 0 comments
Monday, June 19, 2006

Zut alors!
Je pense que je doit prendre une cours en français cette année. J'ai pres-ce-que perdu ma langue. Je doit pensé beaucoup avant que je parle ou écrit des mots. Ça m'énerve tellement parce-que j'ai étudié le français à l'école française depuis la 1iere année jusqu'au 12ieme. J'essaye de parlé autant que possible mais ce n'est pas assée. J'oublie mes accents, et les terminaisons des mots. J'ai perdu confiance. Je vais m'enrigistré à Seneca college au mois d'aout. J'espère que ca va m'aider.
posted by at 1:42 PM 2 comments
Friday, June 16, 2006

Words that rhyme...
Amanda - PandaHaley- BaleyShirt - DirtFoot - sootCarrot - ParrotCoffee - ToffeeHair - TearButt - MuttI could go on foreverTruck, heh heh - FuckThat's it for now, just one more excercise to keep my brain from going back to sleep.
posted by at 9:08 AM 1 comments

The countdown begins....
So I leave for Nunavut in 7 days....Thursday June 22nd at 8am. My flight leaves at 10am. I am flying to Winnipeg, and I arrive there at 11:30. I'm going to hang out with my frined Shannon for about 3 hours between flights. I have seen her once last year since about 1999, It's been a while. She had a baby in March so I will get to meet him, I am looking forward to both occasions.It amazes me that I have kept in contact with these friends for so long, Amanda, Shannon, Kate, Haley, you guys are the best!!!Having live a military lifestyle, with my dad being in the military for my entire life, it's strange for me to have friends for longer than about 4 years, then we always moved away and lost contact..... I find myself having the urge to move around every 4 years, and I have kept this cycle going. After high school my family moved from New Brunswick to Kingston Ontario. I lived there for about 1.5 years and then moved on my own to Ottawa to go to Algonquin College. I decided after about 3 months that college was not for me at that time. I dropped out and started working various jobs....Athletes World, Zellers, Party City, A buck or Two, Ottawa Lasertech, Bell Sympatico, The Ministry of Business and Consumer Relations in the Land Registry office, then Maxad Promotional Marketing....I worked so many different places. After about 3.5 years in Ottawa I moved to Toronto with Sean, and I have been here ever since. This December it will be 4 years in Toronto, where has the time gone...I am getting the urge to leave again....I doubt I will leave for a while, but the urge is still there.
posted by at 12:15 AM 0 comments
Wednesday, June 14, 2006

To quit or not to quit!
Every 3 months or so I get the urge to quit my job. I have been working here for over 3 years doing the same old thing every single day. I hate routines, as I have said a few times already. So it drives me completely insane to do the same thing all the time and after a while I have simply had enough. Today is one of those days, so I will scan the Charity Village website in search of a new job.....
posted by at 3:17 PM 1 comments

Workin' 9 to 5 what a way to make a living!
I wake up monday to friday at 7:30AM and leave home by 8:15 to be at work for 9:00AM. I leave work at 5:00PM and get home at 5:45PM. I do this everyday. I hate routines. I hate coming home and doing the same thing as I did the day before: Take off my glasses, trip over my starving cats, feed them, then I hear proctor (our catfish) splashing and jumping in his tank, I then feed him, actually now that I think of it, I'm not sure if proctor is a he or a she......poor thing.Anyways, then I go and look for something to make for supper and do up some dishes. When Sean gets home we eat, bitch about being tired and how much we hate going to work.I can't help but wonder, is this what life is going to be like for the next 40 years, or is there something I can do to kill this routine.I also wonder where and how people find the time to have a life. How much can you do after work at 7:00PM? Do you neglect doing housework so you can go out to the gym? or out to see a friend or a movie? Should I live in filth just so I can sit on a patio and have a beer for a few hours? Maybe I can let the dirty laundry pile up to my ceiling so I can have a couple of hours to stroll around downtown.After all these years, how can I simplify this complicated life?
posted by at 10:10 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

JUST A THOUGHT!!
I like these lyrics, some are relevant some not.....Cut Here - The CureSo we meet again!" and I offer my handAll dry and English slowAnd you look at meand I understandYeah it's a look I used to know"Three long years... and your favourite man...Is that any way to say hello?"And you hold me... like you'll never let me go"Oh c'mon and have a drink with meSit down and talk a while...""Oh I wish I could... and I will!But now I just don't have the time..."And over my shoulder as I walk awayI see you give that look goodbye...I still see that look in your eye...So dizzy Mr. Busy - Too much rush to talk to BillyAll the silly frilly things have to first get doneIn a minute - sometime soon -maybe next time - make it JuneUntil later... doesn't always comeIt's so hard to think "It ends sometimeAnd this could be the lastI should really hear you sing againAnd I should really watch you dance"Because it's hard to think"I'll never get another chanceUntil later... I should've stopped to think -I should've made the timeI could've had that drink -I could've talked a whileI would've done it right -I would've moved us onBut I didn't -now it's all too late It's over... over And you're gone..I miss you I miss you I miss youI miss you I miss you I miss you so muchBut how many times can I walk away and wish"If only..."But how many times can I talk this way and wish"If only..."Keep on making the same mistakeKeep on aching the same heartbreakI wish "If only..."But "If only...."Is a wish too late...
posted by at 2:59 PM 0 comments
Monday, June 12, 2006

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GIRL?
This is my best friend Haley, she's a ninja, and I miss the hell out of her everyday!
I hope you're having a blast in Victoria Haley, drinking pop with Hippo's, sticking to walls and
beating on all the pirates at the pirate parade. Hiiiiiiiiya! Shudo chop!
Love you Hales-Hales-Tough-As-Nails!!!
posted by at 2:22 PM 0 comments

We got the campsite
So sean and I went to Tweed this weekend to check out the campsite that we found online. It's great. we are going to move the trailer onto the site on friday. I am super excited. The site is right on the Skootamata river, so we can stand at the edge of our site and fish, its so cool. Here are some pictures, left view, centre and right view.
Here is a cute little picture of my "home cat" Squidget. She lives in Kingston with my parents!
posted by at 11:29 AM 0 comments
Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Update on Nunavut Trip
Well I have found some pictures of where I will be staying in Rankin, the hotel is called the Siniktarvik Hotel & Conference Centre. During the month of june there is 24 hours of light. Apparently the sun doesn't really set, or it sets for a couple of hours then comes back up. I don't know, but I can't wiat to see this!
This is the hotel
This is one of the hotel rooms
This is going to be my supper, I don't know what it is really!
And this is an Inukshuk in Rankin Inlet, the town I'm going to. Where are the trees, oh wait, there aren't any!
posted by at 10:00 AM 0 comments

I almost forgot myself again!
Well, looks like I forgot about this blog already, I thought I would, I am so forgetful!Hmmm what has gone on in the past week or so. I went to kingston last weekend, it was fun, I hung out with my parents and my uncle and aunt. Drank beer, laughed, etc. Sean and I have decided to buy my uncle's old trailer from him and park it for the season at a campground in tweed. I am so excited, we are going to look at the campgrounds on saturday. It looks great on the website. I will post a few pictures.
Sean and I have a canoe so this river is going to be perfect for us to canoe around in. And do a little bass/pike fishing! wooo!
posted by at 9:47 AM 0 comments

No comments: