Wednesday, November 15, 2006

July Archives

Friday, July 28, 2006

Three Best Friends!
I am lucky enough to have three best friends who have held this status for 11 years! Let's start at the beginning shall we? It all started back in New Brunswick.....Once upon a time there was a girl named Erin who went to Oromocto High School.....
Meet Kate...
Kate and I met in Grade 10 at Oromocto High School, we were in the same english class. I was wearing spider earrings and she complimented me on them. We had some good times, hanging out, making fun of Kate cause she knew all the words to many Stix songs, but what song doesn't Kate know the words to? After grade 10 Kate moved to Newfoundland with her family and we became best friends over the phone and through the mail. We hadn't really had a chance to really get to know oneanother very well in grade 10. After I moved to Kingston and decided I had enough of it, Kate and I made plans to move somewhere together. She told me, wherever I got accepted into college, she would follow and we would be the best roomates in history. I chose to move to Ottawa, we found a nice apartment and moved in. We had a blast for a while, until boys got involved. A few months after we moved in Kate found out she was preggo! It came as a shock, but she is the greatest mom in the universe! After our lease was up we both moved into separate apartments with our boyfriends. Over the past 10 years our friendship has really grown into something spectacular! She is the ONLY person in the world who truly "gets" me, and I "get" her. Sometimes we don't even need to finish or explain sentences because we already know what's going on. From Rindow Down, to "my parents would buy you mcDonald's", and my arm won't stop going up and down. Although our lives are so different now, her being a mother, and living a military life....Private Suppa, AS IF! to me, we are still the girls who got excited about red pants and the sugarcubes. After writing this Kate, I have decided, that if I ever get married, you will be my Maid of Honour.
And then there was Amanda......(and her Finacé Rob)
Amanda and I met when I was in grade 11, she was in grade 10. We shared the same desk in math class, I was there in the morning, and her the afternoon. Somehow, we began exchanging notes, we would stick them to the top of the inside of the desk. This went back and forth for a while until we finally started talking face to face. What an odd way to meet, but we really hit it off. Amanda has always been a really great friend, we have shared MANY drunken nights together starting from high school until just this past weekend. After high school I moved to Kingston, when Amanda graduated she chose to go to college in Belleville, just a short 45 minute drive from Kingston. Although we didn't see eachother as much as we should have, we still managed to find time to hang out and have fun! Amanda has always been a very loyal, kind, thoughtful friend. She's a great listener, and is a blast to be around. After a couple of years in Kingston I moved to Ottawa, and Amanda decided after college to go to Ottawa as well, she had a few friends moving there from college so she wouldn't be alone. The fun started all over again. Girls nights at the trashy bars, Snojam/job whatever it was, Veruca Salt, running into weirdo friends from New Brunswick, and I can't forget the trip to Dominican Republic, I'm surprised we have survived all these years, but then again, it was all fun and games.....
DAMMIT IT WON'T LET ME POST A PICTURE OF HALEY!
My sweet little pirate, Haley!
Haley and I met at Oromocto High School as well, when I was in grade 11 and her in grade 10. She was the cutest girl ever, with her little grey cords and airwalk shoes.....we became great friends fast! I shaved her head, cause she was sick of her "frizzy mousey brown hair" as she used to call it. We had tons of fun having sleepovers at Amanda's house, playing theme park, wondering the streets of downtown Fredericton at all hours of the night. After I moved to Kingston Haley and I lost touch for a few months due to a little tiff which turned out to be something it wasn't, petty high school girls! Once we started speaking again, we started right back where we left off. Over the past few years Haley and I have managed to see eachother at least once a year, I wish it was more, but at least it's something. Haley is the sweetest, funniest, kindest, wittiest girl I have ever met. She makes me laugh so much. We have shared so many good times over the past few years, Watching 120 hot air balloons lift off from my balcony in Gatineau, Quebec, Whale watching in NB, going to the Toronto Zoo, hanging out down by the river at my campsite, and next year, I will be visiting her in Victoria, I can't wait! Although our lives have been somewhat different, Haley and I have a strong bond and a sweet understanding. Aw sweedish!
posted by at 9:17 AM 1 comments
Monday, July 24, 2006

Step by step dancing, à-la-Rob!
K, I don't see Rob dance very often, but when I do, this is what I like to see!
Step 1, take a drink!
Step 2, find a mic, a flashlight works!
Step 3, put your hands in the air, and wave em like you just don't care! DANCE, DANCE!!!
Ahhhh Yeah! All this and more at......Tipper's Family Campground!
posted by at 2:22 PM 0 comments

Camping Ca-na-duhhhh
Everyone got smashed!
We roasted marshmallows....
Amanda's dog, Maisy is so cute, and quite the camper!
Can you find Maisy's bone burried in the leaves?
This bud's for you!
It's a fire!
Did I just get busted???
Go for it Rob, you've got skill!
posted by at 2:05 PM 2 comments

Fishing ca-na-duhhhh!
Amanda and I went on two canoeing adventures, one on saturday and one on sunday!

First, we canoed!
Then we arrived to our destination!
Then we posed.....
Then we fished.....
Yes, we actually caught some fish!
Then we drank....
Then we were happy! The end!
posted by at 11:10 AM 0 comments
Thursday, July 20, 2006

Weddings, pas pour moi!
One of my best friend's (Amanda) is getting married next year, and I am one of her bridesmaids. I'm happy for her, she is one of those girls who has been dreaming about this day probably since she was 5. I know when I first met her, she had a picture torn from a magazine of the wedding dress she wanted for her wedding, in her purse....she was 14 I think. So what is it exactly, about weddings that makes a girl so excited....is it the ring? Is it the dress? Is it the ceremony? Is it the party? Is it that all the attention is on her?I, personally am NOT looking forward to getting married, the whole idea makes me nervous. I have become very emotional with age, and I just picture myself saying my vows, crying, with snot pouring down my face....eeeeeeeeek. The stress factor keeps me away as well, it's so much work and you want everything to be perfect, I would flip out. Another thing keeping me away from thinking about marriage is, that means I'm getting older, I'm no longer 20, I am an adult, which is something that hasn't quite sunk in yet! I am not a religious person, so there is no way that I would get married in a church, so that means I would have to spend a lot of time thinking of a location that would have a lot of meaning and represent who I am.The last thing, and most importantly, I find when people get married, they change, they seem to think they have to act more responsible, more mature, and not party anymore, or do the things they did just a month before.....I don't get it. I have never experienced this one, but I have heard that sometimes married people look down on their single friends or couples who are unmarried, like they are so much better because they are married. It's not a rank, it is the state of your relationship. You are the same person, the same couple, just now you are legally devoted to one another.So please, to all of my friends who are eventually getting married, don't change, don't become a psycho, you are who you are...no matter what your status!So back to the original purpose of my post, if I do get married, I would like to have Unison by Bjork played for my wedding song, just cause I love it so much. It's my favorite song in the universe.One hand allows the otherSo much and meBorn stubborn me, Will always be, Before you count, One, two, three,I will have grown my own private branch, Of this treeYou gardener, You discipliner, DomesticallyI can obey all of your rules, And still be, be,I never thought I would compromise, I never thought I would compromise,I never thought I would compromiseLet's unite, tonight. We shouldn't fight. Embrace you tightLet's unite tonight.I thrive best hermit style, With a beard and a pipe, And a parrot on each side,But now I can't do this without youI never thought I would compromise, I never thought I would compromise,I never thought I would compromiseLet's unite tonight, We shouldn't fight, Embrace you tightLet's unite tonight,One hand, allows the other, So much and me,Let's unite tonight, We shouldn't fight, Embrace you tight,Let's unite tonight, Let's unite tonight, We shouldn't fight,Embrace you tight, Let's Ooohhhh ooohhUnisonUnisonUnison
posted by at 10:23 AM 1 comments
Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I just thought this was funny!
Americans......Y'all!
posted by at 10:38 PM 0 comments
Monday, July 17, 2006

Canoeing on the Skootamata river
Sean and I spent the weekend at our campsite, and spent a lot of time canoeing. Sunday we went canoeing right off our campsite on the skootamata river. It was a perfect day for canoeing, a little bit of wind to keep us cool, and very calm water.
posted by at 10:20 AM 1 comments
Friday, July 14, 2006

Survey Says.....Kinda cheesy but Entertaining....I suppose
9 lasts....
1. Cigarette: Actually, wednesday. First one in years....
2. Beverage: Cranberry Rasberry sparkling water beverage
3. Kiss: Seanny-poo
4. Hug: Seanny-poo
5. Movie seen: Me, Myself & Irene...gotta love the cursin'
6. CD played: Vespertine
7. Song listened to: Mysteries - Beth Gibbons
8. Bubble Bath: Couple of weeks ago
9. Time you cried: Wednesday, I got stressed.
8 have you evers
1. Dated one of your best friends: Ya, Sean!
2. Skinny dipped: Yeah!
3. Kissed somebody and regretted it: Oh ya!
4. Fallen in love: Yup
5. Lost someone you loved: Yeah
6. Been depressed: Yeah
7. Been drunk and threw up: Ya.
8. Ran away: I don't think so.
7 Places you've been
1. Rankin Inlet - Nunavut
2 New Brunswick
3 Germany
4 France
5 Switzerland
6 Dominican Republic
7 United States of AAAAAmericahhh!
6 things you've done today
1. Packed for my camping trip
2. Took the subway to work
3. Worked
4. Bought some groceries
5. Listenend to music
6. Ate a salad
5 favorite things in no order
1. Whales & Sharks
2. Friends
3. My kitties
4. Sean
5. Hippo's, Ninja's, Pirates, Sticking to walls & wailing on my invisible guitar.
4 people you last talked to
1. Amanda
2. Sean
3. Some prick from my insurance company
4. The prick's manager!
3 wishes
1. To catch a really big fish this weekend.
2. To open my store in 2008
3. Winning the lottery has always been a wish, so I can buy an island and hide from the present
2 things you want to be when you grow up
1. A Rock Star
2. "The boss of me"
1 thing you regret
1. Wasting time.
posted by at 1:30 PM 0 comments
Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beth Gibbons...
It's funny how I can overlook music, only to rediscover it again years later. Beth Gibbons, the lead singer for Portishead has an amazing voice. She is my favorite, second to Bjork. Either last year or 2 years back she released a solo album with Rustin' Man. I downloaded it to check it out, but when I listenend to it I found it to be quite boring. I wanted the eerie sounds of Portishead back, not anything new. Needless to say I haven't listened to it again until my recent trip to Nunavut. Before I left I put an awesome mix of 100 songs on my cell phone/mp3 player to listen to on the plane and while I was in Nunavut. Which included 2 songs by Beth Gibbons. One song called mysteries came on when I was flying over Nunavut, when we were getting close to land, it was beautiful, the land, the water, the ice, the song. It was a wonderful 4 minutes of my life, haha!
posted by at 10:23 AM 2 comments

On my way to work
This is me going to work this morning, I look pretty excited considering it was at 8am.This is the subway I DIDN'T get on cause it was just too full.
This is my exit to go to work. WEST SIDE.....I guess some people might find that cool. Not me.
posted by at 9:49 AM 3 comments
Monday, July 10, 2006

HAPPY VS. SAD
This is Sean and his niece Ciarra posing for the cameraI asked them to show a happy face and then a sad one...
HAPPY!!!
SAD!!!
posted by at 10:25 PM 0 comments
Friday, July 07, 2006

This office smells like sweat!
I would just like to thank the gentleman who walked into our office, for not caring that he reaks worse than someone who has been camping for 4 days and who hasn't used deoderant because he thinks it repels the mosquitos! Do people not realise that they stink? I know when I stink cause I can smell it, and I DON'T STINK!!!
posted by at 3:18 PM 2 comments

I wish I could write
I have got to be the worst writer ever. I have absolutly no writing skills at all. I can't get a point across even if I spent 2 hours writing and re-writing. It just ends up coming out dull and boring. So kudos to those with literacy skills! CAUSE I ain't got none! Well now that I think of it, maybe my problem isn't so much that I can't write, but maybe the things I write about just aren't interesting enough to want to read. I read other people's blogs and they crack me up and I think to myself, sheesh, why didn't I think of that. Like this post for example, I had high hopes when I started writing it and now it is turning into a boring piece of crap blurb about not being able to write.....dammit!
posted by at 3:12 PM 4 comments
Thursday, July 06, 2006

What's yer pirate name Argh!
My pirate name is:
Mad Bess Bonney
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!
posted by at 3:30 PM 0 comments


Meet Bodacious Betty!
This is Bodacious Betty, a.k.a. Inmate Kate, a.k.a. Kate Suppa. We drank some beer one night, had a few wigs and props lying around, and this is what happened!!!
posted by at 8:11 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Haley and Erin Canada day Camping!
I thought I would do a separate post of Haley and I cause I couldn't choose just acouple pictures of us, so here are all of them!

I miss you already Haley!
posted by at 8:48 PM 0 comments

Canada Day Camping!!!
We went camping for the Canada Day long weekend, Friday night it was Sean and I, Sandra and Sean W. Saturday, Sean's brother Andrew arrived. On sunday morning Haley came, she was vising her sister in Ottawa, and will be returning to BC in a week, Chris and Lisa also came on sunday! We had a great time, here are some pictures to prove it!
Sharky and Erin
Sean and Andrew playing guitar Sunday night
Andrew, Lisa, Chris and Sean Rockin out on guitars and a saw!

Andrew, chillin!

Chris and Lisa fishing away!
Sean and Chris TRYING to put up the tent!
Sean W. and Sandra trying to catch a fish! (Sean is pouting cause he couldn't catch one!)
A brave little chipmunk who came and ate leftover marshmallows
On our way home Sean and I stopped at stoco lake in Tweed and did a little fishing, Sean caught a nice pike on his third cast!!!
posted by at 8:27 PM 0 comments

No comments: