Friday, January 5, 2007

You know what?

You know, I get weird looks from friends/acquaintences when they see my tattoos and ask what they say and mean, but to be honest, I friggin' love my tattoos. Everything about them, the font, the meaning, the colour. I love them. I see them every day and I'm surprised still, to see them on my wrists. I don't regret it, nor will I ever. If I do, by that time, I think there will be some sophisticated method of removing them. I'm not worried. But in all honesty, they are me. They are more than just words to me. You know, no matter what you go through in life, there is always balance. Sure I've got pain, but I always remember that I've got so much joy. I might not use those exact words for my feelings, but that's how it is. Whatever you are going through, be it a thunder cloud or a rainbow, they will always be side by side. It's a constant reminder, for me, I guess. Don't worry Erin, when you're feeling sad you have a million things to be happy about, but when you're happy, it's always good to remain humble. You know, to keep life in perspective.
I just wanted to say that. For those of you who wonder. For those of you who ask. And for those who forget that life is never without pain, but there's always joy. Side by side. Most people I know are lucky. We should never forget that, or take it for granted.

4 comments:

MUD said...

How old are you? Seems like a really mature attitude to me. I don't have Tattoo's but don't hate them. Balance in life is the ideal and some day you will have everything you need, most of what you want and a Walmart near by.
You will never be bored in life when you have a good attitude and the willingness to work. Set your goals a little higher each time you set them and you can raise as high as you can see. MUD

Erin-Dot-D said...

I just turned 27 last week. I know all of what I said is easier said than done, but it's good to keep it in mind at all times.

Erin-Dot-D said...

Oh so very true. I'm glad I have gotten my point across and that it makes sense :) I would never get a tattoo that I wasn't 100% sure about (except when I was 16 I did, but I was a kid back then haha)
Hope all is well in Beee Ceee.

Anonymous said...

man aren at least you don't have a stick man punk rocker on your stomach...ahhhh the things i would change about mine...lol but i love my other two
love you!