Monday, January 22, 2007

Victory is mine!

Ok, so Victory isn't mine, but it belongs to some lobsters!
I copied this article from P.E.T.A's website today!

Raley's Stops Selling Live Lobsters!

After receiving thousands of e-mails and phone calls over the past two days, grocery chain Raley's has stopped selling live lobsters in all 135 of its stores across California, New Mexico, and Nevada. Raley's had previously been selling live lobsters in small plastic containers in its stores, but today, after hearing from an overwhelming number of concerned consumers, Raley's spokesperson contacted PETA to say ...

"Raley's Family of Fine Stores offered live Maine lobsters to our customers for three days during the holiday season. Raley's will not repeat this promotion or offer live lobsters in any of its stores."With this decision, Raley's joins the ranks of other compassionate grocery chains including Whole Foods and Safeway who have stopped selling live lobsters altogether. Like all animals, lobsters feel pain and can suffer.

In nature, they form relationships with other animals and can live to be 100 years old.Thank you to all of you wonderful people who e-mailed and called Raley's to voice your concerns. Because of you, countless lobsters will be saved from being confined and sold, not to mention being boiled alive.

4 comments:

MUD said...

Give me a break. You can poke holes all over and do Tattoos on your wrists and you complain about the lobsters feeling pain? The good lord made us "Omnivores" and I won't argue with his plan. Oh well, to each his own. MUD

Erin-Dot-D said...

Haha! I'm just agreeing with the whole idea that it just seems wrong to sell a live lobster in a tiny little container like that. I didn't write the article.

Jay-Me-Dee said...

The good lord?

Good lord (Pun intended)....when did this become religious?

I commend them on this practice....though it is hypocritical of me to say so as I eat meat.

I beleive that vegetarianism is the evolution of humans. I'm just not evolved enough to commit to it. I'm barbaric!

Jay-Me-Dee said...

Sorry...the link to vegetarianism was that "I like my meat dead"....meaning that if I don't see it alive, I don't make the link to the animal.

Live animals on display is wrong... (I'm a hypocryte though).