Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurns!

So last week I joined a gym and took the plunge and bought some personal training sessions. 14 to be exact. Last night was my first session. I haven't been to the gym since I injured my back a year ago. Wonderful. You might think since I teach skating 4 days a week that my leg muscles should be in moderate shape.....NO they're not. I discovered that last night.
After the first 3 sets of squats (while holding free weights) my legs were shaking so bad I was almost going to fall over. I had just started the hour long workout, I was in for some serious pain. To make a long story short after 3 sets of 15 on 8 more "leg only" machines, I thought I was going to die. Then my trainer said I had to do 10 minutes of cardio, which I did.

My legs felt like jello after I left the gym. I woke up this morning with massive leg pain. It hurts. Funny, I can feel all of the different muscles I worked on and remember the pain from each machine.

I will be seeing Sandra the trainer on monday's and friday's for the next month or so and doing a 'solo' workout on tuesdays. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jay-Me-Dee said...

Its tough to get started, I feel.

I never had a problem with legs...me it was arms!

I hope you get what you want out of it!

MUD said...

You needed to stretch out after the workout and perhaps even do a little hot tub time. Mix up what you do and cross train a lot. I can't think that doing work to the point of failure in your legs is smart. Discuss this with the trainer and please stress the hurt back.

E said...

Erin, the way you express yourself is hilarious. I can totally imagine you with a puppet on your lap onstage somewhere. I totally get the jello leg thing when you start working out again. It sounds like women and child birth!