Monday, December 4, 2006

Not in the mood.

So it's been a rather bizarre week, nothing I would like to discuss with anyone, but it's got me thinking. I don't know what I want or like anymore and I really have to figure this out soon otherwise I might end up on a path that I am not comfortable taking.

There have been so many changes in my life these past few months and I'm not quite sure if these changes have been affecting my choices or judgements. I'm up for another big change in a few weeks, I'm turning 27. Not really a lifelong landmark or anything, but it's a new age. This past week marks my 4th year of living in Toronto. As some of you know, these past 4 years have not been some of my best years to date, but in many ways they have been.

I must say that meeting Erinne has truly been one of the highlights of my life. She is, by far, one of my favorite people that I have encountered through my nomadic life. A million prrrr's go out to her. I hope she is by my side for as long as we are in this crazy city I now call home.

Back to the original topic, I have, however, seen, done and accomplished many things in Toronto that I am proud of, or have enjoyed. However, let me tell you there have been numerous challenges and struggles. I'm not going to dwell on the negative aspects of my time spent in Toronto, cause I've come to love this city and my life here. THis post isn't quite finished, but I'm sick of typing......

5 comments:

Jay-Me-Dee said...

You're allowed to feel like this. And its normal to re-evaluate yourself after a major life change such as your recent one.

Its normal! In a way...you are grieving still...4 years...lonnnnnnnnnnng time! Not necessarily "the man" that you are grieving....but the 4 years you feel you may have "lost". They weren't wasted!

Erin-Dot-D said...

Jamie,
Thanks for your insight. Very reassuring. You always have a way of nailing it.

MUD said...

I think it is the normal human condition to ask why and where the hell am I going? What ever you do, don't start to feel bad that you are like everyone else and ask these questions. I can't give you an answer on why there is no one person in your life and you have a cat to love. I always had someone that I felt close to and lucked out that she agreed to marry me. The fact we have been together after 38 years is just more good fortune. 50% of the marriages end in divorce. Perhaps you just got that out of the way before you got married? I have never traveled to Canada and hope to do so some day. In mid summer, I might add. It is cold enough here. Dennis

Erin-Dot-D said...

I have to add, this post isn't necessarily about the guy or the break up, I think it's more about my life's direction and and making choices for myself. It's the past, and I'm cool with that. I've just got a lot of figuring out to do...for the future....

Jay-Me-Dee said...

Its not "the guy", as I said....Its the "WTF do I do now?"

But you'll figure it out. Because you have to!

I know you well enough to know you ROCK THE SHIT and nothing has stopped you yet.