Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Nicknames 101

It's funny how nicknames evolve....or don't.

When Nick and I met, he called me Erin and I called him Nick.

About a month later, I was calling him NP (Nicky poo, or Nick Plater, either one works)
He was calling me E.

Fastforward to 3 months later.
I told him sometimes french people call me Her-inne, so he started calling me Heych.

Then Heych, one day, became Heeh, hard to describe how to pronounce it, we were goofing off with lisps one day and heeh happened. I guess you could pronounce it like this, he-HH. I would call the HH a hard h sound, like almost a cat hiss sound. Like pretend you're trying to hiss like a cat, but not so hardcore.

Along the way, he-HH somehow became heek.

Then we got our iphones, then I turned into the iheek, he even says the in front of it. I am the iheek.

And then a song came out of it, "Mazzy's the egg-mazz, Erin's the iheek, and Gibby's the walrus, koo-koo-ka-choo.

Are we weird?
Bored?
Or just creative?

p.s. Nick is still N.P.
I lack creativity these days, just takin' things day by day!

No comments: