Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What the fuzz?

Friday night turned into an adventure I really didn't need to be a part of.
Erinne, Mayssan and I went out dancing.

Then we headed on over to an after hours club, on some dark side street, just a random door you knock on and someone answers. You head down to the basement and there's a dance party with music and drinks and stuff. So we get in, Mayssan hits the bar for a drink, and Erinne and I hit the massive bathroom line. Within 5 minutes of entering the bar and waiting in line, all of a sudden we hear EVERYONE DOWN ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!

Um WTF? This doesn't sound like the kind of situation I'm usually invovled in. I turn around and see about 15 cops with flashlights, cuffing people, and everyone in the bar, on the ground hands in the air, some people sitting, some laying on their stomachs. I thought I was in a movie. Erinne and I just looked at eachother and slowly raised our hands in the air and got down on our knees. I thought I was going to wizz my pants! WOAH!

So the cops continued to hold us down and cuff some people and yell and scream at everyone. I just sat there thinking to myself, I have made it 27 years without getting arrested, I do not need this right now. What would my mom say? haha!

Fortunately within about 25 minutes we were all "removed" from the bar, we step out and there's like 10 cop cars blocking off the entire street and some around the corner too. What a sight!

7 comments:

MUD said...

Haven't you heard the old saying, "I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have someone like me for a member?"
I was at the 97 Olympics in Atlanta and my family was worried that Barb and I might have been in the Olympic square where the bomb went off. At 3 AM I can guarantee everyone that 99.999999 % of the time we will be in bed asleep at that time.
MUD

Anonymous said...

ok so you story dosen`t really ever tell us why the cops were really there. I wanna know. You can`t end a story like this. Is it to be continued or what

Erin-Dot-D said...

I'm going to assume there was probably a lot of drug dealin' going on at this place. but we don't know exactly why they were there. I think they most def. had a purpose. Not fun.

MUD said...

Do you realize how boring it is at 3 AM if you are working and sober. I'm sure they just said lets go somewhere that there is a lot happening and see if we can see some cute chicks or bust some drug dealers. We all have fun in our own way.

MUD said...

Do you realize how boring it is at 3 AM if you are working and sober. I'm sure they just said lets go somewhere that there is a lot happening and see if we can see some cute chicks or bust some drug dealers. We all have fun in our own way.

MUD said...

I'm sorry that I hit send twice. One of my readers nominated me as a "Thinking Blogger". A part of that was the request to share five blogs that I read regularly. I mentioned yours as an insight into the life of young people I read to stay in touch. I am so far from what you do that a lot of what you do is foreign but I try to red it to help me understand young people. Thank You. MUD

Anonymous said...

Well what can I say. next time try to get a couple cop numbers. Ya never know when you might need a cop friend. Glad through it all that you girls are safe. Stay away from the back door bars.