Friday, May 29, 2009

Fuckin' Beerfest!!!

Tonight was Beerfest at the Stampede grounds. Sampling various beers from Canada, with a focus on the west of course. I was glad they had my top 3 fave beers from Ontario, Mill Street, Creemore and Steemwhistle! wooo! But I tried a few awesome beers. Of course now I can't remember the names....one was from Scotland, it was an ale with a hint of coriander. YA I know, weird huh, coriander, but it was fantastic. Also tried a coupla beers from Washington state that are my new faves...Fish Tale - winterale, and Fish Tale EXTRA stout. I'm a sucker for a wicked Stout and this one was super good, and the ale, well that's a whole other story, I don't know what it was about it but it had this great taste, almost fruity, and fruity is gross, it was this nice sweet but not sweet taste. Ya I'm totally not a beer taster, I can't describe SHIT, but it was the best beer ever.

Here are a few pics from BEERFEST - Calgary.


Here's me at the beginning of Beerfest, enjoying my first beer, which is the above mentioned Fish Tale Extra Stout!


And here's me at the end of Beerfest, EEEEEEEEEEEEK!
K, it's not really me at the end, there's much messier hair and prolly drool on my face and beer mustaches, but whatev's, just dig it, ok?

*I got there at the very beginning, 4:00pm, it wasn't busy, and I was at the totally quiet end in this pic, the rest of it was full of people. Just wanted to clear up, that I don't live in the sticks....honest. There's a million people in this city, I swear!

5 comments:

Fearless in Toronto said...

I'm more of a wine drinker, but I do enjoy a good Creemore from time to time...

rachaelgking said...

This makes me sad. Only because I wasn't there. Because it looks like AWESOME SAUCE.

Erin-Dot-D said...

THAT"'S cause Creemore is so good :)

There were loads of awesome sauces. It was a ton of fun! Speaking of drinks, I'm out of coffee cream right now, and I would do just about anything for a coffee at this point, except the obvious (go buy cream)
No fair!

Unknown said...

Totally unrelated, but I LOVE your new hair color and style!

InmateK8 said...

Like the look of your blog, lady. And ya, the hair is awesome.