Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Holy coffee cups batman!

After moving over 2000 km's across the country, I found myself in a new apartment, with 2 suitcases and 2 small boxes of my personal belongings. (plus boyfriend & 2 cats, according to some girls they might list boyfriends and cats as their personal belongings, but not I, cause I'm all respectful like that.

Anyways, we had to buy everything for our apartment, a bed, furniture, accessories, stuff, tupperware (gotta have tupperware) pots & pans, dishes, etc. So we find a set of dishes that we like which comes with 4 of everything, including 4 mugs which should totally be enough for 2 people right? (We have a dishwasher too, so being too lazy to wash dishes is not an excuse that will come outta my mouth). So this morning, I go to grab a mug out of the cupboard and realise that I have like 12 mugs now. Why the fuck does that always happen. Maybe I'm the only person this happens to, but I always end up with a crazy collection of mugs, I have a mug from the 2 jobs I have had so far here in Calgary, I brought my I heart Montreal mug just cause I do! We've got a mug from where NP works, uh, a really cute cat mug that I had to have, a tall starbucks mug....there are a couple more.

Why do I feel the need to buy or bring new mugs home. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I a weirdo mug freak?


p.s. Yea, that's my cuteoverload.com calendar in the background, you jelous?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That seems like a huge step practically moving across country. I have thought about doing so myself, but am waiting to finish school. I wish you the best!!! :D

Erin-Dot-D said...

It's exciting, it has its ups and downs, but new experiences are always awesome! Do it!