Friday, February 13, 2009

Step by step - Circa 1990

When I was 10 years old, I was obsessed with the New Kids on the Block, not unlike every other 10 year old girl. What did I do about it, you ask? Well I made up a dance routine with 4 of my friends and performed at our school's lip sync competition, duh? Our neighbour volunteered to do our makeup and tease our hair like crazy....
We practiced everyday, in my backyard with my mom's help. She played the music and rewound the tape every time we had to start over, due to some kind of screw up or we were done and wanted to start again. I have this shit on video, but it's at my parents place, on VHS.
So for now, you will have to settle for a picture.

Check it, and no, I'm NOT ashamed.

7 comments:

E said...

I LOVE THE STORY & I LOVE THE PIC!

Chele said...

THAT is PURE GOLD, my friends and I had a dance routine to Madonna and Express yourself, our outfits was very similar to this picture

Anonymous said...

K dude? I see you and Alicia..I don't see me or Chantal (I think that was her name...) or Amanda..did you do this two years in a row or something? I am so confused right now.

Anonymous said...

Chandra! Her name was Chandra! I just remembered...

Anonymous said...

OMG you need to get this video onto you tube I have to see it LOL

Bob E Smash

Erin-Dot-D said...

Vanessa, ya I did another dance routine the following year. Def. not as good as our original crew.

Bob E. Smash - I will save that for a special moment. One day I will just show up, with my vVHS machine under my arm pit and say, "Rob, I have a special gift for you." Perhaps for your birthday hahaha.

Erin-Dot-D said...

Chele - Nice! Madonna was awesome back then. Pure gold for sure!