Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wedding wedding rah rah rah.

So I'm going to be in Ottawa on saturday, May 19th, sao any of my Ottawa friends who read my blog, get in contact with me if you wanna chill. It's a pretty solid week and a bit so far, but I'm sure I can squeeze some time out from all the wedding preps and shit for a beer or 6!

The past few weeks have been 100% purr stress, at work home and everywhere.
At work, we currently have the auditor gen. of Canada auditing our office for the first time since we opned our doors in 1997, so it's been pretty hectic and stressful. Even though we are an office of 9 employees, they feel the need to audit us as if we had a multi billion dollar budget. We have a 1.4 million budget which comes from our investments from an endowment fund. If anyone knows anything about investments these days you will understand that its shit! To put it in perspective, our office rent accounts for about 20% of our annual budget, but whatever. The government has to do what they have to do right? Even for a tiny NON-Profit org. such as the one I work for. Maybe this is too much info.

Well I leave for Ottawa on Saturday, I'm off work mon-fri, plus the additional monday. so including weekends a total of 10 days. SWEET. I will be in Ottawa the entire time, except the second monday, I took that off to recover from what I am going to call a pre-drunk-fest 2007.

I can't reveal too much here yet, cause the bride is a fuckin' snoop ( i love you amanda) and she will read this and find out what we are doing for her bacherlorette party, so let me just say its going to take me a few weeks to recover from the entire week....

If there's one thing I can say about my girls in Ottawa, is that they can friggin party!!! Not that my crew in T.O can't, we just do it differently, in T.O we bring out the flasks, hardcore subway/alley way drinking and after hours clubs til 5am, in ottawa, we house party, with the aid of our girl friend mary jane. you know!

So today I took my dress into get altered, got some lanterns for amanda's reception to decoreate the hall or whatever kind of place the reception is being held at. I'm now going solo to the wedding since my 'date' is unable to attend the wedding with me cause he's busy gettin' it on with a lady! haha. I now have my friend Leigha (another bridesmaid) sharing my room with me, so you kow where the party's at.....

What else what else, I've been chillin' randomly these past 2 weeks (almost) with a nice guy, we have tons of laughs and fun.

Been listening to the new Bjork album (Volta) and I'm totally in love with it. So on that note, I will head to bed and leave you with some lyrics from a super song from the album....

"the dull flame of desire" - Bjork

I love your eyes my dear
their spledid, sparkling fire
when suddenly you raise them so
to cast a swift embracing glance
like lightening flashing in the sky
but there's a charm that is greater still
when my loves eyes are lowered
when all is fired by passion's kiss
and through the downcast lashes
i see the dull flame of desire.

NICE!

No comments: