Monday, May 28, 2007

Erin, a.k.a. sleepwalker.

So before I get into all the gory details of the past week in Ottawa, Montreal and Gatineau (Quebec) I will write about a bizarre experience I had in a hotel room friday night before the wedding.

We had gotten back from Amanda's mother in law's house after the rehearsal and had a great dinner and some beer.
The girls went back to the hotel and the guys stayed at the Garlough's house.

Now before I get into the story I will mention that at the second bachelorette party, I had popped a balloon and a piece of paper had fallen out saying I had to tell a story about the last time I peed my pants. I was sleepwalking when I was about 15.

Having told that story all of the girls now know that I sleepwalk.

Back to friday night, apparently I woke up in the middle of the night, pounding on a wall in a corner beside the bed i was sleeping next to ( I was on cushions on the floor), and saying "hurry up, I have to pee". Mel woke up and said Erin, the bathroom is over there, I kept banging on the wall, totally across the room from the bathroom. She told me again, "look Erin, the bathroom is over there" SO apparently I shimmied back between the bed and wall (about 10 inches from eachother) and walked over to the bathroom and went pee.

The next thing I know, I'm sitting on the floor smoking somebody's cigarette and drinking a beer. I couldn't figure out why I was drinking and smoking a cigarette when everyone else was sleeping. I guess that's when I woke up. I wasn't drunk that night. I had been drinking beer, but not tons.

This is definitely NOT the first time I have sleepwalked. I do it a few times a year, But it was pretty scary to find out that I had been sleep walking, or what I COULD have done while sleepwalking!!!! I guess it could have been way worse, but it's really scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To funny girl. I could tell a couple pee stories. Like peeing in the dryer. or peeing in grams tailor ahah. But it all happens to the best of us. Love You girl. Miss you more

Anonymous said...

Funny story. Last night, I pounded two Steel Reserve tall cans and went to sleep. I wasn't very drunk and I guess I was out for a while. Anyway, apparently I started going through DVDs that I had on a rack and just throwing them on the ground. After that, I walked over to the couch and started pissing on it. My girlfriend was like "What the hell are you doing?" and I guess I told here to hush up and watch tv because it was my favorite part. The tv wasn't on, by the way.

Erin-Dot-D said...

That is hilarious!!!!!!! Sleepwalking is so weird. I don't understand it at all. BTW, I have a more recent sleepwalking story, but it's personal so I cant just post it on my blog :)