Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blast from the past!

While I was in New Brunswick I went to visit my ex's parents (from when I was 15-19 years old, - Bill and Donna,) at their house in Burton. Before showing up I knew Geoff (the ex), his wife and child were going to be there. Not only them, but Geoff's sister, brother and his children as well as Geoff's Grand mother were going to be there too!

Geoff and I lived together for a year after my family and I moved to Kingston. I broke up with him and moved to Ottawa in the summer of 1999. Geoff met his wife in Kingston and after a while they moved to New Brunswick.

Back to the story. It was kind of awkward going there while the whole family was there, but it was the only day I could make it out for a visit. It was great to see Geoff again after about 8 years. He gave me a hug when I came in and asked how I was doing, all I could spit out was good. I'm doing good. Meanwhile in my head I'm thinking my life is pretty messed up at this point!

His wife seems nice and their little boy David is super cute. I wish I could go back in time because I would have liked to actually have a conversation with Geoff, minus my awkwardness. I wasn't able to carry a conversation with him, my answers were very brief, I didn't know what to say, or how to say it. This doesn't usually happen to me, well, not in a very long time anyways.

A lot of feelings and memories came up being in that house and around the Mulholland family. It still felt like home even though there have been renovations done, and so much time has passed.

It's strange to think that Bill and Donna have known me for half of my entire life, they still consider me part of their family, and will always call me Ernie!

No comments: