Thursday, June 28, 2007

When you don't have a plus one!

I'm going camping this weekend at the trailer with a big group of friends. I'm really looking forward to it. but I'm kind of nervous at the same time....the last time I was there, I was alone, packing up my campsite, just after Sean and I broke up. I cried for about 7 hours while I took everything down, took apart a bbq, moved a canoe, etc. etc. It was very sad.

A lot of his belongings are still there, I'm kind of nervous about going, because I think it's going to bring up a lot of really great memories that Sean and I shared together last summer. Namely our 10 day summer vacation at the trailer, where we woke up when we wanted, spent entire days canoeing and fishing together, took naps together on the hammock, spent hours staring up at the sky to see who could see the first shooting star, made fun of the toads and frogs croaking all night... and the list goes on. I don't have sad moments about the break up anymore, but I think this one's going to be tough, especially since I am camping with 5 couples and I will be missing my plus one!

3 comments:

little things said...

Argh, the story of my life.
I can so relate to what you write today. I hope you are able to enjoy yourself despite the memories.
The good thing about memories is that they fade as time passes, thank god!

Rob said...

want me to ditch my plus one??

Anonymous said...

I will always be your plus one...your my favorite aren, and i hope you had a good weekend