Thursday, July 19, 2007

Flying!

ooo, tonight, I sat on a bench with my friend Jon, right on Lake Ontario, overlooking the island airport runway. We sat and watched a bunch of Canadian geese and 2 swans chill out in the lake. As the time passed we saw numerous helicopters and airplanes take off from the airport. It was pretty neat cause you couldnt see the runway. Just airplanes taking off from what looked like a water runway. Pretty neat.

We then got to talking about being nervous every time we went on an airplane. I suddenly remembered the time I took Sean out in an tiny 4 seater airplane for his birthday. It was the first birthday we spent together. He had never been in an airplane before, ever!!!
I had been living in Ottawa at the time and heard a commercial for the Ottawa flying club having a day where they would take you out in a plane, on a tour of the city, for about 30 mins. I thought this was the perfect birthday present for him. So we woke up at 6am, he had no idea where we were going, even though he was driving. I j ust told him which way to turn. We ended up at the Ottawa flying club, but not until we got in line did he realise what was going on.

He was soooo nervous hahaha, I didn't let on that I was kind of scared too, I had never been in such a small plane before. It was just the pilot, and us in the back seat. We had head sets on with microphones so we could talk to each other.

Probably one of the funnest things I have ever done. : )

No comments: