Friday, July 27, 2007

The countdown's on!

Ok, so I have a counter on my blog, the countdown to something better, a.k.a. Erin's running away....
When I put the counter on my blog it was at 303 days, or so....and now it's at 264, time is going by so quickly.
As of March 17th, 2008 I am entitled to take a 1 year leave of absence from my job, and I'm trying to sort out what I'm going to do and where I'm going....
Options.....
1. Kingston, live with my parents and go to school full time and finish my Business Diploma....and get a part time job. Then ???
2. Ottawa, go to school and finish my business diploma and get a part time job, then ???
3. Stay in Toronto and try out a new job, which pays better.
4. Go anywhere and get a job....not in that order, I would get a job first, then go.

So if I go to school and finish my business diploma, then what??? What will that get me? Will it get me a better paying job? Or will I just have to start out again on the bottom and try and work myself up to something.

I don't know what to do. I've got less than 8 months to decide. Sure 8 months is a long time away, but I still haven't been able to decide what to do. I love my friends in Toronto and I love my skating job to death. It would really suck to leave my friends and my wicked skating job.

My other decision at the moment is to move out of this apartment and live in the basement apartment of a friends house. It is almost half the rent that I am paying right now. I am going to look at the apartment tomorrow. It's going to be a bit of a pain in the ass to get to work, but I will be able to save money for whatever it is that I choose to do next year. I know I should definitely move in there, but I will miss the convenience of living downtown, getting to work effortlessly, and being able to walk everywhere I go. I probably won't see my friends as often, however I will have Alisa living right in the same house. I hate making these kind of decisions. I used to love change, I still love change, but it's harder to make change when you are alone...it's so nice to plan something together, rather than feel that you have no choice but to make a change.

I hate making these kind of big decisions by myself. I know I'm an adult and I should be able to decide for myself, but it's tough. I know what I should do, but it's not what I want to do. That sucks. I'm afraid that if I make the decision I should make, I will be unhappy for an entire year. That would suck. Being alone, without friends, and somewhere you don't really want to be isn't very appealing.

Another thought that's been on my mind is the fact that I haven't seen my family since January. I'm pretty sure that was the last time I saw them. It's now almost august. That is insane. I don't know the next time I will see them either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote move in with the parents in May, Go to school for a year and find an amazing job. if you do not go to school now while you are young enough you will have regrets. You do not need the (what if) on your mind. I will back you either way.

InmateK8 said...

I think since you have an entire year to do anything you want,and still have a job to come back to, you should do exactly that: ANYTHING! We are still going to Iceland so that is fucking cool right off the bat. Do what feels right for you man. And you may not even know what that is until a month before you have to do it. But either way don't go to school if you don't really want to because then you have more debt and will feel like you wasted a year of your life. On the other hand if you are aiming to finish your diploma it sounds pretty solid...either way you're still the awesomest lady in the fucking whole universe!

InmateK8 said...

Besides every time I go to Kingston I get severe diarrhea so think long and hard about that one...