Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've been thinking about maturity....

Part of being mature is having the ability to admit that you're wrong, taking criticism, owning up to your mistakes, and taking the appropriate steps to do things right to make things better for yourself and/or someone else.

I realised today that I am good at the first 3 things, and pretty weak when it comes to the last. A year ago, I was thinking about my past relationships and wondering what I have learned from them, then I promised myself a few things:

1. The next one I will do things right
2. I will admit to being wrong every time I am
3. I will take criticism, and respect the feelings ot the other person
4. No jelousy
5. Always trust him, unless he gives you a reson not to
6. Do really sweet things
7. Avoid drama
8. Don't yell
9. If I think or feel it, say it
10. Don't just settle

I think I've been doing pretty good, but have made some mistakes, and this is where taking the appropriate steps comes into play. I just need some time to be able to do that, and unfortunately, I don't think I will get that time.

I have such high hopes, I want things to be as perfect as they can be. I've never been so happy with someone, and when you feel like you're about to lose everything, it's actually quite devastating.

No comments: